Canoe , Kayak & SUP Rental
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Park gates are open 8am to 8pm. Canoe / Kayak rentals are from 9:00am to 4:30pm
Available Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday
Please take notice that this is a “carry in – carry out” facility and Alcohol and Smoking are prohibited in Shaw Park.
All dog waste must be removed from the Park.
If you are calling to confirm availability of renting a canoe, kayak or stand-up paddle board and do not reach a person, it is likely our volunteer staff are either busy with other Shaw Park users, or on their time off.
Rentals are only available when our VOLUNTEER Park Stewards are available.
We don't take reservations but you can call ahead to make sure John or Nancy and boats are available before you head up there... 207-671-1926
Renters must be at least 18 years old.
A refundable damage deposit of $100 is required prior to rental
Cash or check for rental fees.
Canoe/ Kayak/SUP rental $10 per hour Cash or CHeck ONLY
• Renter will leave drivers license with the staff members on site until equipment is returned.
• Renter will be responsible for the condition of the SUP, Kayak or Canoe, life jackets, and paddles I have been assigned to use, and will return all equipment properly to the shed.
• Renter will use the equipment appropriately with no horse play while on the Presumpscot River.
• Renter understands that Renter is responsible for any and all damage to the equipment used by me, including possible replacement of SUP, canoe, paddles, or life jacket, as determined by the Gorham Recreation Department.
• Renter should not paddle past the Shaw Park put-in areas toward the Gambo Dam, as the Gambo Dam is operating and is a dangerous area.
• Renter will paddle upstream toward the train trestle when leaving from the Shaw Park put-in area.
• Renter will not leave any trash behind in the river, the canoe, or at Shaw Park. “Carry in, carry out.”
• Renter will respect other paddlers on the river.
• No jumping from the canoe.
• Stewards are not responsible for lifting canoes, kayaks, or SUPs
Boat rentals NOT available on the following dates:
- Rentals not available Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - Day Camp use only